Format of the Business Plan:
The Business Plan will consist of ten major components.
(Briefly explain the fundamentals of your business)
(What problems are you solving or going after an unmet need? and how big is the problem, i.e. how big is the target market)
(How are your product/services (our solution) different from the competitors-What is your competitive advantage? i.e. proprietary advantage in the form of patents, trade secrets, trademarks, customer base, barrier to entry, etc with that what is the value proposition of your solution or what the economic benefit of solving that problem is? - And can you quantify it?)
(How are you going to make money?)
(Who are the key people behind the venture and what are their credentials? Include all board members and key management people; is there a need to hire key management people? - Explain why you and your team are the right people to make the idea work.)
Industry and Target Market
(How attractive is the industry and what is your target market?)
Competition/Go to Market Strategy
(Who are your competitors and how are they attempting to satisfy the need? How do you go to the market? - Summarize your sales and marketing plans, and explain why these plans are credible.)
Risk & Mitigation Plan
(Summarize, existing and new, vulnerabilities of the business, what would make it not work and what will be outside your control? What are your mitigation plans for these risks?)
Financial projections/Current status, amount of money requested, and projected use of funds
(What does the company expect to achieve in sales and profit in years 1, 2, 3 and beyond? How much funding is needed? And what are the uses to which these funds will be applied?)
(Future plans e.g. expand by bringing in a strategic partner, merge with another company, sell the company or go for IPO Initial Public Offer).
Note: Your Business Plan Presentation would be evaluated on this format.
*Maximum 3 members will present the business plan.
Guidelines for Solving a Case Study at YES ‘12
A case study is a collection of facts and data based on a real or hypothetical business situation. The goal of a case study is to enhance your ability to solve business problems, using a logical framework. The issues in a case are generally not unique to a specific person, firm, or industry, and they often deal with more than one retail strategy element. Sometimes, the material presented in a case may be in conflict. For example, two managers may disagree about a strategy or there may be several interpretations of the same facts.
In all case studies, you must analyze what is presented and state which specific actions best resolve major issues. These actions must reflect the information in the case and the environment facing the firm.
STEPS IN SOLVING A CASE STUDY
Analysis should include these sequential steps:
- Presentation of the facts surrounding the case.
- Identification of the key issues.
- Listing of alternative courses of action that could be taken.
- Evaluation of alternative courses of action.
- Recommendation of the best course of action.
- At last solve the given question according to the above steps.
- Answer must be submitted in printed form.
- Provide the most appropriate answer to the question asked at the end of the case
- Be brief and precise. Each answer must be restricted to 200 words.
*Maximum 4 members from each team will participate in the case study analysis.
Note: Participants of each group will be randomly mixed with other groups to form a new team and will be provided with different Cases Studies solution would be submitted in their respective teams.
Guidelines for “Re-launching the Brand” Competition
The format for the brand competition will be as follows:
All the teams will be provided with different International or local brands or companies ; which they have to re-launch on which they have to prepare 2 minutes elevator pitch. Top 10 teams will be selected after Brand’s elevator pitch (top 10 teams will be selected on the basis of all the rounds). Top 10 teams would make a presentation using power point and must support their presentation with a 1 minute ad promoting their brand or company. The contents of the presentation should include
- Brief history of Brand
- The following steps should be related to the brands after re-launched
- Marketing mix of allotted Brand
- Segmentation, targeting and the positioning of the brand
- A catchy tag line/ universal selling proposition(USP) of the brand
- A minute long Ad focusing on the brand vision
*Maximum 2 members are allowed to present their analysis.
Instructions for Brand War Ad
The format for the Ad is as follows:
- Ad should be relevant.
- Format of ad would be .Mpeg or .Avi or the students can also use windows movie maker.
- Any other format should be submitted to the organizers before the ad gala starts in order to avoid any in convenience.
- Length of the Tvc. Ad should be maximum 1 minute.
- Teams with offensive or inappropriate advertisements will be disqualified.
- It is essential that advertisement should not be offensive or improper and should not breach the sense of propriety and decorum.
- Latest and integrated tools for ad making will be appreciated.
- Jingles and voiceovers will be appreciated.
- Use 7c’s of communication while writing the script of the Ad