FoLL has signed a MoU with Deaf Reach, Family Educational Services Foundation, Pakistan
Faculty of Languages & Literature has signed a MoU with Family Educational Services Foundation (FESF), Pakistan for their project of Deaf Reach on 24th January, 2023. Mr. Daniel Marc Lanthier, Director Operations FESF and Dean FoLL, Dr. Fehmida Sultana signed this MoU. FESF is a charitable organization with a focus on the empowerment of disadvantaged deaf children and youth through a holistic approach to deaf education, skills training, job placement, and sign language development – creating lasting change in their lives and that of their families. Both organisations agree the following scope of the understanding:
- Placements of UCP students and faculty in Family Educational Services Foundation for a period of 1-2 weeks or more for exposure, and to assist in R&D across various departments etc.
- Provision of consultancy services in multiple domains.
- Assigning small-scaled industrial problems as final year projects to UCP students.
- Interaction of representatives of Family Educational Services Foundation with UCP students and faculty through talks on various topics including innovation, career options, etc.
- Collaborative research studies and projects in various domains of mutual interest.
- Sponsoring and organizing joint research conferences at national and international levels.
- Design and conduct specialized training programs by UCP for Family Educational Services Foundation’s staff in multidisciplinary areas for capacity building (under the ambit of its Professional Development Centre’s practices.
- Family Educational Services Foundation to invite UCP students on industrial visits on regular basis.