Creating strong foundations in the disciplines of computer science is the main focus of the BS Computer Science-Post ADP programme. Concepts are elaborated with theoretical and practical implementations to produce students who are competent in problem-solving and computing methods. The programme meets all the emerging demands of the software industry and is approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
The BS Computer Science-Post ADP programme offers a wide range of courses helping the students in acquiring expertise in computer applications, modern theoretical aspects of computer science, programming techniques and efficient utilization of technology. Students will participate in seminars, workshops as well as competitions to ensure that they keep up the latest trends in the field. The programme ensures highly skilled graduates who are equipped with the required knowledge to lead a successful career in the field of computer science and contribute to the technical community.
- Sr. No. Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1 Core Courses 61
- 2Math Science Foundation Courses 12
- 3Humanities Courses 18
- 4Supporting Courses 9
- 5CS Elective Courses 15
- 6UCP Elective Courses 12
- 7Design Project 6
List of Courses - BS Computer Science-Post ADP
Year 1, Semester 1Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSCS1513Introduction to ComputingCore3
- 2CSCS1511Introduction to Computing LabCore1
- 3CSHU2833Logic Thinking (UCP Elective I)Uni Elective3
- 4CSHU1823English Composition & ComprehensionHumanities3
- 5CSSS1723Basic ElectronicsMath Science3
- 6CSHU1863Islamic and Religious StudiesHumanities3
Year 1, Semester 2Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSCP1013Programming FundamentalsCore3
- 2CSCP1011Programming Fundamentals LabCore1
- 3CSCS2523Digital Logic DesignCore3
- 4CSCS2521Digital Logic Design LabCore1
- 5CSSS1713Calculus and Analytical GeometryMath Science3
- 6CSHU1873Communication & Presentation SkillsHumanities3
- 7CSHU1893Pakistan StudiesHumanities3
Year 1, Semester 3Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSCP2023Object Oriented ProgrammingCore3
- 2CSCP2021Object Oriented Programming LabCore1
- 3CSCS3543Computer Org. & Assembly Lang.Core3
- 4CSCS3541Computer Org. & Assembly Lang. LabCore1
- 5CSXXxxx3Supporting ISupporting3
- 6CSAL1213Discrete StructuresCore3
- 7CSXXxxx3UCP Elective IIUni Elective3
Year 1, Semester 4Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSSS2743Probability and StatisticsMath Science3
- 2CSCP2033Data Structures and AlgorithmsCore3
- 3CSCP2031Data Structures and Algorithms LabCore1
- 4CSDB2313Introduction to Database SystemsCore3
- 5CSDB2311Introduction to Database Systems LabCore1
- 6CSSS2753Linear AlgebraGeneral Science3
- 7CSXXxxx3CS Elective ICS Elective3
Year 1, Semester 5Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSSE3113Software EngineeringCore3
- 2CSCS3553Operating SystemsCore3
- 3CSCS3551Operating Systems LabCore1
- 4CSXXxxx3Supporting ISupporting3
- 5CSXXxxx3CS Elective IICS Elective3
- 6CSAL3233Design and Analysis of AlgorithmsCore3
Year 1, Semester 6Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSAL3253Theory of AutomataCore3
- 2CSAL3243Artificial IntelligenceCore3
- 3CSAL3241Artificial Intelligence LabCore1
- 4CSNC2413Computer Comm. and NetworksCore3
- 5CSNC2411Computer Comm. and Networks LabCore1
- 6CSXXxxx3CS Elective IIICS Elective3
- 7CSHU2813Technical and Business WritingHumanities3
Year 1, Semester 7Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSCS4573Compiler ConstructionCore3
- 2CSNC3413Information SecurityCore3
- 3CSXXxxx3Supporting IIISupporting3
- 4CSXXxxx3UCP Elective IIIUni Elective3
- 5CSXXxxx3CS Elective IVCS Elective3
- 6CSSD4913Final Year Project ICore3
Year 1, Semester 8Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CSCS2543Parallel and Distributed ComputingCore3
- 2CSMG4963Professional PracticesHumanities3
- 3CSXXxxx3CS Elective VCS Elective3
- 4CSXXxxx3UCP Elective IVUni Elective3
- 5CSSD4923Final Year Project IICore3
Computing Core = C Core, Math Science Foundation=MT, General Education=GE, University Elective=Uni Elective, Computer Science Core=CS Core, Computer Science Supporting=CS Support, Computer Science Electives=CS Elective
BS Computer Science-Post ADP programme ensures instilling the graduates with core concepts and techniques needed to excel in the field of computer science. Teaching how to specify, design and construct computer-based system, evaluate and identify risks and plot creative solutions. Computer vision, machine learning, multimedia technologies, user experience design and technology for education are the particular specialties being offered by the department. Several elective courses can be selected by the students based on their area of interests to develop a focus on a specific skill set and position in the industry.
BS Computer Science-Post ADP
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR
- 1BS Computer Science-Post ADP25,00010,000
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.