The course is aimed to enhance understanding related psychological treatment of children and adolescence.
The course is mainly focused on the treatment of children and adolescents, which may include Psychotherapeutic interventions (i-e play therapy, art therapy and behavior modification. Course will further provide parental and teachers guidance and overall treatment of relational problems.
The course further deals with the scope and limitations of psychotherapy for children and adolescents. Techniques of Psychotherapeutic Interview with children, adolescents and their care givers will be part of the course.
Ethical boundaries while dealing with minors will be the essential part of the course.
- The Child Psychotherapy Treatment Planner (Practice Planners) (4th Edition). Arthur E. Jongsma Jr., L. Mark Peterson., William P.McInnis., &
Timothy J.Bruce.Wiley (2006)
- Understanding Children’s Drawings (1st Edition). Cathy A. Malchiodi PhDATR-BC LPCC. The Guilford Press (1998).
- Refocused Psychotherapy as the First Line Intervention in Behavioral Health (1st Edition).Nicholas A Cummings.,&Janet L Cummings.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Training in Counselling& Psychotherapy (1st Edition). Robert Bor., & Stephen Palmer. (Eds.). SAGE PublicationsLtd
- Therapist’s Guide to Clinical Intervention, The 1-2-3’s of Treatment Planning (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional) (2nd edition). Sharon L. Johnson. Academic Press (2003)
- Becoming a Therapist: What Do I Say, and Why?.Suzanne Bender MD.,& Edward Messner MD. The Guilford Press (2003)