The mission of the MPhil programme is to guarantee the production of quality researchers and media professionals in the field of Media and Communication studies with focus on the entire communication processes and examines the communication relationships that exist among and between media institutions and their key target audience groups.
- To impart quality education and practical training to research scholars and media professionals so that they are able to engage in advanced study and research.
- To teach enduring skills and values to the students with the latest technologies and knowledge which is essential to excel in the media industry.
- To prepare future leaders in the national and international arena in the field of research and multidimensional media industry.
- To prepare entrepreneurs for the media industry.
- To make students understand concepts and apply theories related to contemporary media and mass communication.
- Enhance critical and creative thinking in MPhil scholars while conducting research and evaluate information using methods appropriate to the field of communication studies.
- To develop basic understanding of analytical techniques required to excel in the field of documentary, film, broadcast and advertising by using latest technologies.
- To make students demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of cultures regarding the significance and impact of mass communications in globalized society.
- Thesis Based
This programme is divided course work and Thesis. Course work is spread over a period of two semesters carrying a weight of 24 credit hours. After the completion of course work the student will go for Thesis carrying a weight of 12 credit Hours.
- Sr. No. Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1Courses 24
- 2Research Thesis/Project/Additional Courses 6
Degree Plan Flow Chart (Thesis Based)
Year 1, Semester 1Course Code Title Credit Hrs.
- MC5423 International Communication3
- MC5413Communication research methods – I3
- MC5533 Academic Writing for Social Sciences3
- MC5403Approaches to mass communication studies - I3
Year 1, Semester 2Course Code Title Credit Hrs.
- MC5443Communication research methods – II3
- MC5523 Data Analysis for Social Sciences3
- MC5433Approaches to mass communication studies – II3
- MC5003M.Phil. Seminar3
Year 2, Semester 3 and 4Course Code Title Credit Hrs.
- MC6916Thesis 6
MPhil Media and Communication aims to prepare students to work in academia and media related industries including broadcasting organizations, print media outlets, advertising firms and public relations departments of different organizations. MPhil (research track) trains students to critically analyze the ways in which the media reflects, represents, and influences society. MPhil (professional track) prepares media practitioners with exceptional facilities and environment including TV Production House, FM Radio station, and NLE Lab. After the completion of MPhil degree, students will also be able to secure PhD positions at UCP or any other prestigious university.
M.Phil. Media and Communication Studies
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1M.Phil. Media and Communication Studies25,00017,300305,44,000