We at FMMC believe that the most significant art form of its time is the moving image. At present, the digital platform for creative communication has enabled individuals, communities, and nations to express their profound visions of humanity to the world. History shows that visual communication has played an effective role in connecting lives globally. Visual storytelling, in all its historical and evolving forms, has the unique power of allowing us to experience the life of others through the imagination and perspective of the storyteller.
Realizing the need to teach visual storytelling and its art extensively in ever-changing times, the 4-year degree program has been carefully designed for undergraduate students who wish to integrate intensive professional training of new media with a comprehensive combination of creative communication, aesthetics, design, animation, and films.
Using a broad range of traditional, digital and visual communication techniques, this degree aims to bring in digital media as a medium of storytelling and social connectivity with the established art of visual storytelling of film and TV.
In a combination of hands-on classroom exercises and intensive shoots, students will gain a comprehensive awareness of the latest domains of new media-driven technological communication for various purposes.
Aims and Objectives:
The aims and objectives of the BS (Hons.) Film, TV, and Digital Media degree program offered by FMMC are:
- To empower students to tell stories artfully
- To provide the students a holistic view of new technologies of visual communication, instilling them with creativity and aesthetics.
- To demonstrate a creative vision, artistry, and mastery of visual storytelling skills through the creation of professional-level digital media productions.
- To demonstrate technical skills in picture and sound editing and their theoretical significance.
- To nurture students’ creative instincts and guide them through the process of becoming visual artists who can contribute to the national TV, cinema and digital streaming platforms.
- To make the students master digital video, sound, lighting, and editing technologies.
- Sr. No. Area Cr. Hrs.
- 1 Compulsory Courses 24
- 2General Courses Sciences12
- 3Foundation Courses27
- 4Major Courses65
Year 1, Semester-I (17 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD1113Introduction to Film, TV and Digital MediaFoundation3
- 2FTD1023Introduction to Fiction (Urdu Literature)General3
- 3FTDHU1033Introduction to SociologyGeneral3
- 4FTDHU1043English ICompulsory3
- 5FTDHU1063Pakistan StudiesCompulsory3
- 6FTDCS1042Computer SkillsCompulsory2
Year 1, Semester-II (17 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD1113Video EditingFoundation3
- 2FTD1123Camera and Lighting TechniquesFoundation3
- 3FTD1433Visual Communication DesignFoundation3
- 4FTDHU1043English IICompulsory3
- 5FTDHU1052Islamic StudiesCompulsory2
- 6FTDEL1063Foreign LanguageCompulsory3
Year 2, Semester-III (18 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD2113Documentary ProductionMajor3
- 2FTD2423Web Design and DevelopmentFoundation3
- 3FTD2133Sound DesignGeneral3
- 4FTD2443Digital CinematographyFoundation3
- 5FTD2163Advanced Video EditingMajor3
- 6FTDEL2053Speak WellCompulsory3
Year 2, Semester-IV (18 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTDHU 2013Introduction to Political ScienceMajor3
- 2FTD2123Fundamentals of ActingFoundation3
- 3FTD2243Film, Theory & CriticismMajor3
- 4FTD2333Screenplay WritingMajor3
- 5FTD2353Infotainment (Multiple Camera Production)Foundation3
- 6FTD2463Basics of Digital AnimationFoundation3
Year 3, Semester-V (18 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD3413Narrative Production in Digital WorldMajor3
- 2FTDHU3023Theater and SocietyMajor3
- 3FTD3433App DesignMajor3
- 4FTD3143Improvisation in ActingMajor3
- 5FTD3253Film AnalysisMajor3
- 6FTD3163Art DirectionMajor3
Year 3, Semester-VI (16 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD3313Drama ProductionMajor3
- 2FTD3423Interactive Game DesignMajor3
- 3FTD3133Direction for Film and TVMajor3
- 4FTD3043Research MethodsMajor3
- 5FTD3453Motion Graphics and VisualMajor3
- 6FTD3061Effects Career LabCompulsory1
Year 4, Semester-VII (15 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD4112Marketing & Distribution for Film and TVMajor2
- 2FTD4442Animated Film ProductionMajor3
- 3FTD4133Mini ProjectMajor3
- 4FTD4143Music Video ProductionMajor3
- 5FTD4054Internship and ReportCompulsory4
Year 4, Semester-VIII (15 Cr. Hrs.)Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FTD4413Compositing and Special Effects Major3
- 2FTD4433Digital Media EntrepreneurshipMajor3
- 3FTDHU4013Media Laws & EthicsMajor3
- 4FTD4546Final Project/ThesisProject6
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or Equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate. In case of foreign qualification, equivalence from IBCC will be required.
- UCP Admission Test or HEC approved test.
Degree RequirementsEach candidate of BS Film, TV & Digital Media degree is required to complete 134 Cr. Hrs. with the minimum CGPA of 2.0 on the scale of 4.0 as per the following detail:
• Film directors
• Director of Photography
• Film producers
• Production managers
• Production designers
• Art Directors
• Script, screenplay writers
• TV directors
• TV show producer
• Nonlinear video editors
• Sound designers
• Animated movie makers
• Visual effects artists
• Digital content creators
• Digital Marketing Managers
• SEO content writers
• TV drama writer
• YouTube channel producers
BS Film, TV & Digital Media
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME Admission Fee Per Credit Hour Fee Total Credit Hours Degree Fee
- 1BS Film, TV & Digital Media 25,000 8,000 13511,05,000