Meeting with HR Team of Orange Line Metro Train
In order to develop industry-academia linkages, the Department of Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management arranged a meeting with the HR Team from Orange Line Metro Train on Friday, 26th August 2022, at 3:00 PM. The meeting was organized by Ms. Syeda Uzma Tahira, Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management. Mr. Li Yan (GM HR), Mr. Tan Zidong (GM C&C), Mr. Usman Qadeer (DGM HR), Mr. Hafeez Kalim (DGM C&C), Mr. Atif and Ms. Sara attended the meeting. The objectives of this meeting on industry-academia collaboration were;
· To bridge the gap between academia and industry to facilitate future human resource development through mutually beneficial programs and activities, including recruitment drives
· To promote the best practices of the Orange Line Metro Train Services amongst the students and Alumni body of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, by conducting informative sessions and site visits.
· To mutually develop constructive academic case studies from real-time business practices and situations to facilitate both parties’ growth and development.
· To nurture the specific skill set required at the organization to encourage the prospective future hiring of the graduates of UCP Business School.
· To upgrade the current understanding, skills and knowledge of UCP Business School’s participants via conferences and seminars, having senior practitioners from Orange Line Metro Train Services give career and professional advice.
· To bridge the gap between seasoned professionals and young aspiring professionals/ students through mentoring and internship programs
During the meeting, Professor Shafique Ahmed Uqaili, Dean of Faculty of Management Sciences and Dr. Raja Irfan Sabir, HOD Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management, discussed the following areas of collaboration between Orange Line and UCP Business School.
1. Faculty and student training programs
2. Student internships and hiring
3. Facility Visit
4. Seminars and guest speaker sessions
5. Projects and case studies
The team also shared their expectation with the management of UCP Business School, including customized diploma courses for Orange Line Staff, consultancy by UCP faculty into their business projects and sustainability report and fee concession on UCP courses for orange line staff. At the end of the meeting, souvenirs were presented to the guests.
Ms. Faghia Mazher, Senior Lecturer Marketing and Mr. Mustafa Hanan, Lecturer Operations and Supply Chain Management, were also present at the occasion.
It was agreed that the Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Department team would visit the Head office of Orange Line Metro Rail Services in the coming month to finalize possible areas of collaboration. An MOU will be signed between the two organizations