In this course the students will examine the normal distribution, correlation, and regression analysis, sampling, testing hypotheses, the chi square test, and probability related to statistics.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Calculate a correlation and state its meaning.
- Calculate and use a regression equation.
- Test hypotheses.
Statistics – I
Texts and References:
- The Basic Practice of Statistics 6th ed. – D. Moore, et. al., (W. H. Freeman, 2012)
- Elementary Statistics 2e Neil Weiss. Addison Wesley, Reading, MA. 1993.
- The Essence of Statistics for Business 2e Michael C. Fleming and Joseph G. Nellis. Prentice Hall, Hemel Hempstead 1996.
- Statistics for the Social Science Victoria L. Mantzopoulos. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ. 1995.