- Market Forces in the Development of Cities
Why do cities exit? Big and small cities, where do firms locate? Market areas and central place theory, urban economic growth
- Land Rent and Land Patterns
Introduction to land rent, land use in the monocentric city, land use in modern cities, land use controls and zoning.
- Urban Transportation
Autos and highways, mass transit
- Urban Problems
Household sorting, urban poverty, the urban education problem, urban crime
Why is housing different? Housing policies
- Local Government
- Local government spending, local government revenue-endogenous maintenance, A Commodity Hierarchy Model, Maintenance, Comparative Statics with Durable Housing:
- Arther O’ Sullivan (2003). Urban Economics, 5th edition, IRWIN.
- Beckmann, M.J. Location Theory, Random House.
- Fujita, M., Urban Economics Theory. Cambridge University Press.
- Henderson, J.V., Economic Theory and the Cities. Academic Press.
- Kanemoto, Y. Theories of Urban Externalities. North-Holland.
- Miles, D. Housing, Financial Markets and the Wider Economy.
- Mills, E. S. and B.W. Hamilton. Urban Economics. Scott, Foresman and Company.
- Small, K. A. Urban Transportation Economics.
- Wildasin, D. E. Urban Public Finance, Fundamentals of Pure and Applied Economics. Harwood Academic Publishers.