M.Phil. in International Relations aims to enable students to analyze the complexities and processes involved in world politics and international affairs. Coursework provides exposure to the essential subfields of the discipline and relevant issues such as Regional Politics, Globalization, Conflicts and Strategic Issues facing States. Coursework includes International Relations Theory, International Security, International Political Economy, International Organization, and Foreign Policy Analysis.
The programme does not offer narrow, specialized education in theory and policymaking. Instead, it is designed to broaden students’ intellectual horizons by introducing them to various research-based conceptual perspectives on international relations and various substantive global issues.
List of Core Courses
- Sr. No. Code Area
- 1PNIR6010International Relations: Advanced Theory and Practice
- 2PNIR6011Advanced Research Methodology
- 3PNIR6012Seminar on Contemporary Regional and Global Issues
- 4PNIR6013International Political Economy: Theories, Issues and Practices
List of Optional Courses:
Year 1, Semester 1Code Name of Subject Credits
- PNIR6010International Relations: Advanced Theory and Practice3
- PNIR6011Advanced Research Methodology3
- PNIR6012Seminar on Contemporary Regional and Global Issues3
Year 1, Semester 2Code Name of Subject Credits
- PNIR6013International Political Economy: Theories, Issues and Practices3
Year 2, Semester 3 and 4Code Name of Subject Credits
M. Phil in International Relations provides education to those who aspire to understand the interaction among states at bilateral and multilateral levels. This programme helps prepare students to compete for intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, multinational corporations, research, and academic institutions. The programme is recommended for students planning to pursue a PhD for an academic career at a higher institution. The skills and profile of the students would enable them to succeed in the competitive and evolving global world. The UCP offers career support and advice that will assist and guide students in their study choices. Through internships programmes, students gain insight, work experience, and transferable skills giving them a competitive advantage in a fast-paced working environment.
M.Phil. International Relations (2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1M.Phil. International Relations25,00012,000303,85,000
Above mentioned fee structure has been followed as given by the other three departments of FASS that have already been offering MS/M.Phil. programmes.