The course is expected to guide and prepare students in the procedure that is followed in criminal cases by courts in Pakistan. Like the course of Civil Procedure, this course is also divided into two modules to give students a rigorous coaching in criminal procedure. The course will include all provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1898.
1. Karim, Jutice (R) Fazal. The Law of Criminal Procedure. Karachi: Pakistan Law House, 2010.
2. Khan, Munir Ahmad. Murder Trial, Lahore: Law Book Land, 2007.
3. Narayana, Justice P.S. Law of Appeals, 5th edn. Hyderabad: Asia Law House, 2006 (Chapter 13, dealing with Criminal Appeals).
4. Nizami, M. M. H. The Code of Criminal Procedure with Commentary. Lahore: PLD, 2009.
5. The Text of Criminal Procedure Code 1898 (as amended) with commentary.
6. Turner, J. W. Cecil. Kenny’s Outlines of Criminal Law, 19th edn. New Delhi: Universal, 2010 (I rpt.).