Legal Writing and Drafting is unquestionably essential for law students before joining professional practice. The course will focus on developing writing and drafting skills of students to formulate cogent arguments for their clients’ positions and to provide legal support for such positions. Legal drafting is central to professional practice hence the course has been divided into two modules. In this component of the course students will learn about the drafting of plaints, written statements, drafting contracts and agreements and other legal instruments.
1. Gopal, Shiva. Conveyancing, Precedents and Forms, 6th edn. Lucknow: Eastern, 2007 (rpt.).
2. Inayatullah, M. Law of Conveyancing: Law and Precedents, 4th edn. Lahore: PLD, 2009.
3. Inayatullah, M. Law of Pleadings: Law and Precedents. Lahore: PLD, (Latest ed.).
4. Kothari, Dr. G. M. Drafting, Conveyancing and Pleadings. Bombay: Tripathi, 2003.
5. Narayana, Justice P. S. Pleadings and Practice, 6th edn. Hyderabad: Asia Law, 2010.