The course will cover the general principles of administrative law as practiced in Pakistan. The theories of natural justice, delegated legislation, administrative discretion and judicial review of administrative actions will be the main focus of the course.
1. Jain, M. P and Jain, S. N. Principles of Administrative Law, 6th (enl.) edn. New Delhi: Wardhwa, 2007.
2. Karim, Justice (R) Fazal. Judicial Control of Administrative Actions. Islamabad: Pakistan Law House, 2006.
3. Khan, Hamid. Principles of Administrative Law: A comparative Study. Lahore: PLD, 2000.
4. Massey, I. P. Administrative Law, 7th edn. Delhi: Eastern, 2008.
5. Wade, H. W. R. and Forsyth, Administrative Law, 10th edn. Oxford: OUP, 2009.
6. Zafar, Emmanuel. Administrative Law. Lahore: Eastern, 1998.
7. Langah, Shahzado. Civil Service Laws in Pakistan. Islamabad: National Book Foundation, 2009.