Postgraduate studies have always been playing a pivotal role in the field of Pharmacy particularly in addressing the local needs of the community and the pharmaceutical industry. Postgraduate study in Pharmaceutical Chemistry leads to the discovery of new drug molecules and drug development. The research scope of Pharmaceutical Chemistry lies in the field of drug discovery and designing in already existing molecules, stability studies of formulations, exploring new methods in drug development and their validation including quality control parameters. The road map to achieve this goal is supported by excellent teaching by highly qualified and trained faculty, fully equipped with purpose-built laboratories which will provide skilled and competent graduates of Pharmaceutical Chemistry to meet the challenges and needs of Pakistan.
- Sr. No. Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1Core Courses 6
- 2Specialization Courses18
- 3Research Thesis/Project/Additional Courses6
Year 1, Core CoursesSr. No. Course Title Code Cr. Hrs.
- 2Research Methodology, Seminar & Project WritingPHPT60233
Year 1, Specialization CoursesSr. No. Course Title Code Cr. Hrs.
- 1Analytical ChemistryPHPC63133
- 2Drug Design and DevelopmentPHPC63233
- 3Chemistry of Natural Product and PhytochemistryPHPC63333
- 4Combinatorial & Stereochemistry ChemistryPHPC63433
- 5Chromatographic TechniquesPHPC63533
- 6Advanced Medicinal ChemistryPHPC63633
Year 1, Research ThesisSr. No. Course Title Code Cr. Hrs.
- 1Research and thesisPHPC73466
Other conditions as prescribed by the HEC and PCP for the degree programme.
Pharmaceutical chemists use their advanced knowledge of chemistry to develop new medicines. Many works for pharmaceutical companies, where they isolate plant compounds or design synthetic drugs by testing them in the lab. Pharmacy professionals with postgraduate degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry offer their services in the discovery of new drug molecules. By applying their knowledge, they make modifications in the existing molecules to design new entities providing better outcomes. Pharmaceutical Chemists are involved in product development in a variety of industries, including food, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical sciences. Pharmaceutical chemists are offered jobs at Research & Development departments of pharmaceutical industries to address the product related problems like solubility, stability and method development. They are playing a vital role in Drugs Testing Laboratories (DTLs) to assure the provision of quality medicines to the ailing community. Forensic Science Laboratory is also utilizing their knowledge to resolve the toxicity related cases. By availing these opportunities in the field of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, highly qualified professionals with research background can provide their services for the betterment of society and the country.
M.Phil. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1M.Phil. Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)25,00017,300305,44,000