M. Phil. Chemistry program is structured to cope with the growing needs of higher education in the country. It offers advanced level courses of Physical, Organic, Inorganic, Analytical, Environmental, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Materials Chemistry. This programme trains the students for advanced research and enhances the students’ capabilities to pursue a PhD degree programme within the country or abroad. It also hones their teaching skills and accelerates personal potential for industrial applications. The program duration is 2 years (4 semesters).
Year 1, Semester ISr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CH-7103Computational Chemistry3
- 2CH- 7113Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy3
- 3CH- 7123Separation Techniques3
- 4CH- 7133Organometallic Chemistry3
Year 1, Semester IISr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CH-7203Organic Polymer Chemistry3
- 2CH- 7213Instrumental Analysis (A Practical Course)3
- 3CH- 7223Principles of Biochemical Processes3
- 4CH- 7233Radiation Chemistry3
Year 1, Optional CoursesSr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CH-7143Solid State Chemistry3
- 2CH-7153Environmental Chemistry3
- 3CH- 7243Nano Chemistry3
- 4CH-7253Biosynthesis of Natural Products3
- 5CH-7263Gene Technology3
- 6CH-7273Advanced Chemical Kinetics3
Year 2, Semester – III &IVSr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1CH-7306Thesis and Viva Voce06
The students after completion of M.Phil. Chemistry degree can find lucrative job opportunities in the private sector as well as in the government sector according to their skills and approach. The demand for the Post graduates of this Degree programme is very high in Textile Industry, Chemical Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and many other sectors which deal with chemicals in one way or the other. In addition to different organizations in the Government sector, the alumni of this programme are being employed. Several young scholars of this Department may also get an opportunity to proceed abroad for research/higher studies under various fellowship programmes.
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME Per Credit Hour Fee Admission Fee Total Credit Hours Total Degree Fee
- 1M.Phil. Chemistry10,800 25,000 303,49,000