Faculty of Sciences

Which programs do you advise on? Am I in the right place?
This office will advise on programs that are offered and administered by the Faculty of Sciences. This includes degrees in the following fields: Botany; Chemistry; Mathematics; Physics; Statistics and Zoology.
Does UCP offer scholarship / financial assistance?
UCP offers 100% tuition fee waiver in the form of merit scholarships on the basis of academic excellence. PGC based Fee Concessions are offered to alumni of all its institutions for BS Programs in the Faculty of Science. 25% fee concession on basis of kinship is also available to siblings. This concession is subject to maintaining a CGPA of 3.00 or higher in the second and subsequent semesters with a minimum workload of 04 courses in a regular semester.
Whom should I contact for queries about UCP Entry Test for Undergraduate Programs?
Please contact Admission Office.
Does UCP accept transfer-students from other universities?
Does UCP follow the academic calendar and how many times its offer admission in a year?
There are two main semesters: Fall and Spring. UCP offers admission twice in a year.
How many courses are required for a degree?
The degree is awarded after completion of a minimum of 130 credit hours of coursework with minimum CGPA of 2.00. The degree requirements are normally completed over 4 years spreading over 8 semesters.
How many courses am I allowed to take per semester?
Students may take a maximum of 6 courses equivalents (18 credits) per semester in the Fall/Spring and 2 courses in the summer. But normally missing and withdrawal courses are offered.
How do I know which science course is best for me?
Your choice of course should be guided by what you want to study and your career aspirations. The Faculty of Science at offers a number of different courses and pathways into these courses. Detailed information about each course can be found in this course guide and at the Faculty of Sciences website.
Can I study an area of science if I did not do it at F.Sc. (Year 12)
No. At FoS, for admission in BS Physics and Chemistry student should have FSc, for BS , Mathematics, FSc pre-engineering and for BS Zoology and Botany FSc Pre-medical.
What areas of study can I do within a science degree?
The Faculty of Science offers the large selection of science specialisations. These areas are available on the prospectus.
Can I transfer to UCP/FoS after studying at another institution?
Yes. Many of our students come to FoS/UCP after studying at another university. Students who have completed units of study at another institution are also able to apply for credit for prior learning.
Where can I get further information about course pre-requisites, academic entrance requirements?
Have a look at UCP prospectus or FoS webpage/facebook page for comprehensive information on the Faculty of Sciences courses.
What support services are available?
Services available include employment and career development, counselling (personal and academic), study skills, financial assistance, health services, spirituality, equity opportunity, disability support, childcare and more. Visit our Quick Links at www.ucp.edu.pk for more information.
Is there on-campus accommodation available?
For female students on-campus accommodation is available but no on-campus accommodation is available for male students. For further information, please visit the front office.
What are the entry requirements for the Baccalaureate?
Those who have completed F.A/F.Sc/I.Com/A-Level or equivalent with minimum second division are eligible for admission. Admission is granted on merit determined on the basis of scores earned in admission test and academic record.
I have some personal commitments and need some days off. Can I submit a leave and miss classes without any repercussions?
In semester system, time limitations leave little room for students to make up for any loss in case of missed lectures. In order to accommodate emergencies or issues of utmost significance, School allows you to miss at most 6 classes per course. First 2 missed classes are counted as leaves while fine will be levied against the remaining 4 missed classes. In case you foresee a longer absence on your part, you will have to withdraw from the course. For more details, rules and regulations pertaining to course withdrawal must be referred to.
I want to discuss the scope and nature of a particular course before registering for it in a semester. Who will be the right person to seek guidance from?
Registration advisers are appointed to steer the advisement and registration process at the start of every semester. Your batch adviser may guide you about your roadmap and relevant courses.
I have missed my exams in wake of an emergency. What should I do?
Missing any exam or other assessment instrument is highly discouraged. However, under unavoidable circumstances, if you miss your exam, inform your instructor and contact Dean’s office as soon as possible. Dean will assess the gravity of your situation, and only upon satisfaction may permit a make-up exam.
I am officially part of UCP’s team in some sport and have to skip my classes in order to attend training camps or participate in a sports event. Will I still be withdrawn from the course if my missed classes count exceeds 6?
Students admitted to a program on sports basis or officially asked to participate in a sports event may be granted extra leaves and permission to take make-ups for missed instruments during any event or special training. This record is maintained by the concerned offices and such students can be entertained for make-up assessment instruments by their instructors only upon receiving official notification from Dean’s office. It is advised that such students inform their class instructors of any such leaves in advance.
Where should I register my complaint in case of any harassment incident?
University has zero tolerance for harassment on campus. Harassment Committee handles all such matters. In any such eventuality you must approach the Dean’s office immediately to get navigated to the current committee members.
I have queries regarding some topics in a class or subject matter. Can I see my instructor anytime on campus?
All permanent faculty members are required to announce and maintain regular counseling hours spread over the week so that students should not face any accessibility issues. However, instructors may allocate these hours as per their own schedules. Ideally you should visit your course instructors during their allocated hours. Under unavoidable circumstances, it’s advisable to contact your instructor via email and request for appointment slot different from counseling hours.
Who can I talk to about my particular interests?
To speak to a course advisor, call: +92-423-588-0007. Ext. 468
or email your enquiry:  shomaila.akram@ucp.edu.pk