The course is aimed at giving students an understanding about how to design methodologically and conduct research ethically. This will further lead towards application of statistical techniques to psychological data, including Identification of research problem; Literature review; Specifying the purpose of research; Determine specific research questions or hypotheses; Data collection; Analyzing and interpreting the data; Reporting and evaluating research.
Scientific and Ethical Foundations of Research Types of Research: Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research; Quantitative Research : Experimental Research, Correlational Research, Observational Research, Survey, Case Study; Qualitative Research: Content Analysis, Phenomenology, Grounded Theory; Research Designs: Experimental Designs, Quasi Experimental Designs, Factorial Designs, Independent Measure Design, Repeated Measure Design, Pre-post-test Design, Before-after Design with Control Group, Before-after Two-way Blind Design; Development of a Research Instrument: Item Pool Generation, Selection of Items, Item Analysis, Applications of Item Response Theory, Determining the Content Validity of the Instrument Subject Selection; Sampling Techniques: Probability Sampling, Non- Probability Sampling Research in Personality, Attitude Measurement Reliability and Validity of Ability, Aptitude, Interest and Vocational Tests, Method of Analysis research design in clinical psychology
- Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences (4th Edition). Charles Stangor. Wadsworth Publishing (2010).
- Research Methods with APA Updates (8th Revised Edition). Donald H. McBurney.,& Theresa L. White. Wadsworth Publishing (2009)
- Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences (4th Edition). Frederick J Gravetter., & Lori- Ann B. Forzano.Wadsworth Publishing (2011).
- Research Methods In Psychology (9th Edition). John Shaughnessy., Eugene Zechmeister., & Jeanne Zechmeister.,McGraw-Hill Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Languages (2011).
- Research Design and Methods: A Process Approach (8th Edition). Kenneth Bordens.,& Bruce Barrington Abbott. (2010). McGraw-Hill Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Languages.
- Research Methods, Design, and Analysis (11th Edition). Larry B. Christensen.,R. Burke Johnson.,& Lisa A. Turner. (2010).
- Research Methods: The Basics. Nicholas Walliman. (2010). Routledge (2010)
- Research Methods and Statistics: A Critical Thinking Approach (4th Edition). Sherri L. Jackson. Wadsworth Publishing(2011).
- Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods (3rd edition). Patton, M. Q. SAGE Publications (2001)