This is an important component of Islamic Personal Law. The course will focus on Islamic law of Inheritance, including transfer of property through Gifts, Wills and Waqf and their legal consequences.
1. Coulson, N. J. Succession in the Muslim Family. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1971.
2. Khan, Hamid. Islamic Law of Inheritance, 3rd edn. Karachi: OUP, 2007.
3. Mannan, Dr. M. A. DF Mulla’s Principles of Mohammedan Law. Lahore: PLD, 2010.
4. Qazi, Noman and Kamboh, Asghar Manual of Waqf Laws in Pakistan. Lahore, Four Star, 2011.
5. Relevant provisions of the Succession Act, 1925.