The course will cover the formation of corporate bodies and their functioning. It will cover the company law as practiced in Pakistan. The course will focus on principles of company law, their incorporation, kinds, the doctrine of ultra vires, resolutions and their legal status, liabilities and winding up. The course will also include discussions on corporate crimes. The course will also touch the issues relating to business partnerships (Firms) and relevant provisions of the Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
1. Chaudhry, A. M. A Handbook of Company Law. Lahore: PLD, 2010.
2. Dube, Indrajit. Corporate Governance. Nagpur: LexisNexis, 2009.
3. Manan, Dr. M. A. The Partnership Act, 1932. Lahore: PLD, 1994.
4. Minkes, John and Minkes, Leonard. (ed.) Corporate and White-Collar Crime. London: Sage, 2008.
5. Simpson, Sally S. Corporate Crime, Law and Social Control. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002.
6. Text of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
7. The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan Act, 1997.
8. Wadud, Q. A. Law of the Commission, Securities and Exchange. Karachi: Royal, 1998.