- Develop vision of historical perspective, government, politics, contemporary Pakistan, ideological background of Pakistan.
- Study the process of governance, national development, issues arising in the modern age and posing challenges to Pakistan.
- Historical Perspective
- Ideological rationale with special reference to Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Allama Muhammad Iqbal and Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- Factors leading to Muslim separatism
- People and Land
- Indus Civilization
- Muslim advent
iii. Location and geo-physical features.
- Government and Politics in Pakistan
Political and constitutional phases:
- 1999 onward
- Contemporary Pakistan
- Economic institutions and issues
- Society and social structure
- Foreign policy of Pakistan and challenges
- Futuristic outlook of Pakistan
- Burki, Shahid Javed. State & Society in Pakistan, The Macmillan Press Ltd 1980.
- Akbar, S. Zaidi. Issue in Pakistan’s Economy. Karachi: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- S.M. Burke and Lawrence Ziring. Pakistan’s Foreign policy: An Historical analysis. Karachi: Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Mehmood, Safdar. Pakistan Political Roots & Development. Lahore, 1994.
- Wilcox, Wayne. The Emergence of Banglades., Washington: American Enterprise, Institute of Public Policy Research, 1972.
- Mehmood, Safdar. Pakistan Kayyun Toota, Lahore: Idara-e-Saqafat-e-Islamia, Club Road, nd.
- Amin, Tahir. Ethno – National Movement in Pakistan, Islamabad: Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad.
- Ziring, Lawrence. Enigma of Political Development. Kent England: WmDawson & sons Ltd, 1980.
- Zahid, Ansar. History & Culture of Sindh. Karachi: Royal Book Company, 1980.
- Afzal, M. Rafique. Political Parties in Pakistan, Vol. I, II & III. Islamabad: National Institute of Historical and cultural Research, 1998.
- Sayeed, Khalid Bin. The Political System of Pakistan. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1967.
- Aziz, K. K. Party, Politics in Pakistan, Islamabad: National Commission on Historical and Cultural Research, 1976.
- Muhammad Waseem, Pakistan Under Martial Law, Lahore: Vanguard, 1987.
- Haq, Noor ul. Making of Pakistan: The Military Perspective. Islamabad: National Commission on Historical and Cultural Research, 1993.